The Apo Island Snorkeling Tour takes you to Malatapay, which is a good 30-minute drive if you are coming from Dumaguete. If taking the tour on a Wednesday, the trip will be extra special because the Malatapay Market is open and you can shop and haggle for the freshest catch around.
Apo Island in Negros is not like Panglao or Boracay because its area is small and one cannot have leisurely long walks. However, it is most ideal for snorkeling and apart from seeing different species of fish, one highlight in Apo Island is that you get to see turtles during your snorkeling escapade. Apo Island is among the popular dive and snorkel sites int he Philippines. It teems with abundant marine life.
The Apo Island Snorkeling Tour also affords one a short trekking experience to the lighthouse in the area. While the structure itself is not extraordinary, one is rewarded with a good panoramic view of the Negros mainland as well as neighboring Siquijor Island.
For those interested in diving in Apo Island, please send us an email at email@example.com for the rates. There are various dive spots in Apo Island namely: House Reef (also known locally as “Balay”, which literally translates to “house); Chapel Point; Coconut Point; Cogon Point, Kan-uran Wall; Katipanan, Largahan; Mamsa Point and Rock Point East and West, among others.
APO SNORKELING TOUR DURATION:
- Half-day at best. The boatman and guide will have the best discretion as to when to end the tour, depending on the currents and tides
- Full-day tour is possible, depending on weather and tide conditions. Always best to visit Apo Island during the dry season in the Philippines
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF POINTS:
- Any hotel or pension house in Dumaguete
- Surcharges apply for other pick-up and drop-off points
APO SNORKELING TOUR INCLUSIONS:
- Roundtrip land transfers (choice of van or multicab)
- Chartered boat, snorkeling gear
- Lunch at Apo Island Resort
- Sanctuary fees, entrance fees
- Services of a tour guide
APO SNORKELING TOUR EXCLUSIONS:
- Meals not mentioned
- Gratuities to guide and driver, boatmen
- Extra drinks; you can bring your own
- Towel and toiletries
- DUMAGUETE CITY TOUR
- WHITE WATER KAYAK TOUR
- DOLPHIN WATCHING TOUR + MANJUYOD SANDBAR
- MABINAY CAVES TOUR
TRAVEL TIP WHEN IN DUMAGUETE/NEGROS:
Negros Island is surrounded by open sea, so waves can get rough. It is best to do the Apo Island Snokeling Tour during the dry season to maximize the tour experience. Do bring waterproof bags and casings to avoid damaging your gadgets.
For those who want to save a bit during the trip, go for the option whereby the land transfers from Dumaguete to Malatapay is an open-air multicab. The drive is only approximately 30 minutes, so air-conditioned van is not really a necessity and may be dispensed with.
The boat rental is a bit pricey, so the more people traveling in order to share the costs of the tour, the better.
If you have dietary restrictions, please let Green Earth Tours and Travel know in advance because we have to pre-arrange these matters for your own convenience.
Please do not touch the turtles and other marine life when snorkeling in Apo Island.