Scuba diving in Mactan is now convenient as ever, with many boats available to ferry divers from the mainland to the various diving spots. Depending on the resort you are staying in Mactan, Green Earth Tours and Travel can assist you in having the boat dock at the resort’s pier or our travel agency can also assist you in getting to the docking area in Maribago or Punta Engano to serve as your jump off point for your diving tours.
Which dive spots in Mactan can you explore? Depending on your skill and interests, these are the following dive spots you may wish to consider:
- Agus Bay – located off the Olango Channel, one can expect: parrot fish, sea snakes and tiger fish. Agus is also famous for its wall drop-off. Agus is also perfect for coastal dives.
- Gilutungan Marine Sanctuary – located in Cordova. The Gilutungan Marine Sanctuary is popular to those who wish to go snorkelling as well. Enjoy a wide range of corals and schools of fish in this dive spot.
- Nalusuan Marine Sanctuary – still in Olango Island. Nalusuan also has a resort which caters to those who wish to stay overnight or go swimming. Lunch cookouts may be had in Nalusuan if not onboard boat.
- Marigondon Cave – while safe, this dive spot is recommended for advanced divers only due to the depth. Get to see species like lion fish and flashlight fish
- Olango Island (choice of: Talima Marine Sanctuary, Tingo Point (advanced divers only) – Like the Marigondon Cave, Tingo point is recommended for advanced divers only. Tingo is a shark point. On the other hand, Talima Marine Sanctuary boasts of schools of jackfish and batfish. It is one of the dive spots which are located very near the mainland of Mactan. It takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes by boat to get to Taliman Sanctuary.
- Tambuli Reef – The unique feature of the Tambuli Reef is a small plane wreck, and is ideal for photo enthusiasts who love to take good shots under water. The Tambuli reef is isually paired with the Talima Sanctuary, especially for first-time divers. Both are relatively near the main island of Mactan and make for good diving spots
Typically, a scuba dive tour that our travel agency promotes consists of 2 or 3 dives. Of course, you can extend to more dives, if you so prefer.
Depending on your dive spots of choice, expect to see a wide host of sea creatures and corals and coral formations—from invertebrates to colourful schools of fish (jacks, silver batfish, snappers, sweetlips, surgeon fish and some turtles too. The dive spots in Mactan offer interesting backgrounds—from airplane fuselage, boat wrecks, an underwater cave, beds of seagrass—you take your pick.
We can also arrange dive trips to Moalboal, a famous haven for thresher sharks, or dive safaris to include Cabilao Island and Balicasag Island in Bohol. Dive tours may also be arranged in neighboring Negros Island, specifically in Apo Island, Dauin.
Dive Tours in Mactan are complete with transportation, boat use, services of a dive master, services of a boatman and his crew, dive equipment and a lunch cookout onboard your boat.
Pair your dive experience with good hotel arrangements. Green Earth Tours and Travel can arrange for your accommodation. Choose from our range of resorts in Mactan or opt to stay in hotels in Cebu City. We can give you access to very competitive and discounted rates for budget, 2*, 3*, 4* and 5* hotels.
Where would you want to dive when in Mactan? Email us for more info and for quotes for dive trips and dive safaris.
Our guests who go on fun dives in Mactan are also interested in the following tours: