When island hopping in Mactan, take time to know the spots to visit in each tour. If you are keen on snorkelling, it is best to visit Gilutungan, which has a marine sanctuary best known for various species of fish. Enjoy fish-feeding and taking pictures at Gilutungan.
If you want to wade and swim in manageable depths, go to Nalusuan Island or Caohagan Island. During the Mactan Island Hopping Tour, lunch is served in any of the two islands, but it may also be served onboard the boat. Enjoy a hearty meal of freshly grilled seafood and wash it up with cool drinks and fruit servings afterwards.
For those who intend to travel farther, the island hopping tour which starts either in Maribago or Punta Engano in Mactan can very well take you as far as Bohol, particularly Pandanon Island. Unknown to many, Pandanon Island is already part of Bohol, though it is accessible from Mactan and is about 1 hour and 30 minutes away from the mainland. Pandanon is known for its white sand bar, and for being a great spot to hold picnics and parties. That said, snorkelling is still best done in Gilutungan.
Lastly, of special interest is Olango Island, which is the spot where migratory birds pass by and congregate. During the right season, bird watchers will enjoy the spectacle at Olango Island.
Our Mactan Island Hopping Tour has two tracks, first track covers 3 island near the mainland, namely Caohagan, Gilutungan and Nalusuan. The second track covers Gilutungan and then Pandanon. Each track in the island hopping tours will ensure you get a good mix of snorkelling and swimming.
QUICK TOUR FACTS: MACTAN CEBU ISLAND HOPPING
MACTAN ISLAND HOPPING TOUR DURATION:
- 6 to7 hours, depending on tide conditions
- Surcharges will apply in excess of 7 hours
- Standard starting time: approx. 0800H, where we pick you up at your hotel and bring you to the tour’s jump-off point. If staying in a city hotel in Cebu, the land travel would take approximately 45 minutes.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF POINTS:
- Any hotel/resort within Mactan and Cebu area
- If you booked a resort in Mactan through our travel agency, there is a chance to possibly omit the land transfers and have the boat dock at the resort. This is highly dependent on the resort’s policy.
MACTAN ISLAND HOPPING TOUR INCLUSIONS:
- AC transportation
- Boat rental/boat use
- Services of licensed tour guide
- Services of able crew
- Life vest
- Snorkel and mask set
- Picnic lunch either in one of the islands or onboard the boat
- One round of drinks
- Note: Feel free to bring your own food during the island hopping tour. Our travel agency will not charge any corkage.
MACTAN ISLAND HOPPING TOUR EXCLUSIONS:
- Tips/gratuities to tour guide and driver
- Fins (optional)
PEOPLE WHO VIEWED THIS TOUR ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN:
- MACTAN DIVE TOUR
- OSLOB WHALESHARK WATCHING TOUR
- KAWASAN FALLS ADVENTURE TOUR
- BOHOL DAY TOUR FROM CEBU
TRAVEL TIP WHEN IN CEBU:
It is always best to start your island hopping tour early. We normally suggest 8AM pick-up time from your hotel for this tour, but if you can make it at 7:30AM, do let us know.
Tour normally ends at around 3PM. You head back to mainland after this time, because waves can get rough in the late afternoon. The boatman and his crew will be in the best position to advise you regarding this matter. For safety’s sake, please follow their instructions.
Lunch cookout may be done in the boat. This is ideal, so that the crew can cook your food while sailing and you can eat-jump to the waters to swim-eat again to your heart’s content. Having lunch in Nalusuan Island is ok too. Whatever your preference is, please let us know in advance.
If staying in a resort in Mactan, please let us know. Depending on the resort, some will allow that the boat for your island hopping tour dock in their mini-pier or docking area for a fee so that you won’t have to take the van and go to the standard docking area and starting point of the trip.
Best advice: Don’t forget to wear your sun-screen 🙂